We offer a comprehensive international education committed to excellence. Our multi-national faculty and staff are committed to offering all students a well rounded, inclusive educational experience designed to encompass learning differences, explore individual strengths and foster analytical thinking and creativity in the academics and beyond.
Our teachers truly enjoy working at ASB; however, on rare occasions we may have an ability to offer a position for our expanding needs. If you are applying for a specific position, be sure to indicate clearly on your email subject heading the job posting title. A first application should include only a brief letter of motivation explaining what contribution you can make to the ASB community, and a CV no longer than two pages. We will contact all applicants upon receipt of the application.
Qualities sought in successful teachers at ASB
• Team-oriented approach and a willingness to contribute beyond the classroom
• Experience in curriculum development, inquiry and critical thinking
• Teaching credentials and experience in the grade or subject(s) taught
• Knowledge of differentiated teaching strategies
• Knowledge of different assessment techniques
• Experience working with students whose mother tongue is other than English
• Knowledge of the IB Learner Profile in the planning-teaching-learning-assessing process
• Commitment to one´s own professional development (being a lifelong learner)
• Willingness to play an active role in school and extracurricular life (trips, activities, etc.)
• Open minded to different teaching approaches
• Comfort with significant parental involvement within the school
• Capability to adapt to the culture of a familial, independent (private) school
English as a Foreign Language teacher
The school is looking for experienced English as a Foreign Language teachers, preferably native speakers, for the part-time after school program in Berango and Exam Center in Bilbao.
Interested candidates should send a copy of their CV, with covering letter and copies of their qualifications. Please include ‘EFL teacher’ in the Ref. field.
The school is looking for experienced Teaching/Substitute teachers.The full job description is available here.
Interested candidates should send a copy of their CV, with covering letter and copies of their qualifications. Please include ‘Teaching / Substitute teacher’ in the Ref. field.
The American School of Bilbao is looking for an active member of staff to work closely with the Head of Department to coordinate the Saturday, July and August EFL programs.
The role includes but is not limited to the following; developing and managing timetables, producing and conducting student level tests, liaising with teachers and office staff, promptly dealing with requests, helping to develop the course and its activities/special occasions. Patience when working with fellow staff, students and parents is essential to the role.
The ideal candidate must be prepared to do last minute substitutions of all levels and would also assist with the arrival and departure of students on buses or with parents.
A knowledge of Google Workspace and Cambridge Exams would be a bonus.
Interested candidates should send a copy of their CV and with covering letter. Please include ‘EFL Coordinator’ in the Ref. field.