We believe that the uniqueness
OF EVERY INDIVIDUAL
ADDS VALUE TO SOCIETY
The Mission statement
The American School of Bilbao provides an English-based education that inspires students to develop an open-minded and respectful attitude as global citizens. In this nurturing and diverse community, we encourage students to reach their fullest potential, and become life-long learners in a caring and safe environment.
Empower students to become lifelong learners and critical thinkers who make a positive contribution to society.
- Respect is a fundamental right of all individuals.
- Each individual has the duty to act in a responsible manner towards society and the environment.
- Each individual can and should learn throughout his/her life.
- Education should develop well-informed, critical thinkers.
- In a global society, teamwork and effective communication are essential skills.
- The uniqueness of each individual adds value to society.
- Intellectual, social, physical and emotional development are equally important throughout life.
- We aim to ensure that each individual student realises his/her maximum potential in all areas of school life.
- We aim to provide for the needs of each student, recognizing individual differences in terms of maturity, talents, abilities and learning styles.
- We aim to ensure that our students enjoy and take pleasure in the learning process.
- We aim to foster a safe, caring, family-life community where values and principles such as respect, responsibility, self-discipline and pride in achievement are actively promoted.
- We aim to encourage our parents and families to assume a constructively cooperative role in their children’s education.
- We aim as an international school to actively promote intercultural understanding, awareness, tolerance and respect.